Sunnyside Shines is pleased to announce our full schedule of activities for Small Business Saturday (November 25th)! Take our FREE Holiday Shopping Trolley to these great Sunnyside destinations and get in the holiday spirit with us! Activities include:
Saturday, November 25th
12 pm: ALL ABOARD! Our first group of riders can catch the trolley at our starting point at Sunnyside Taco at 42-22 Greenpoint Avenue. Our first group to board will receive a free Small Business Saturday tote bag!
12-2:30 pm: Stop by Paper Plus Printing at 43-13 Greenpoint Avenue for your free 2018 Calendar, while supplies last!
12-6 pm: Have questions? Need help? Our Sunnyside Shines Info Desk is here for you! Stop by Bliss Plaza at 46th Street and Queens Boulevard, and take advantage of these specials:
- While supplies last, shoppers who stop by our desk and show us a receipt for a Small Business Saturday purchase made in Sunnyside will receive a free Small Business Saturday tote bag!
- Woof! The first five people who drop by with a canine friend will receive a Small Business Saturday pet handkerchief! Make sure to post your best friend’s pic on social media and tag with #SunnysidePassport and #SmallBusinessSaturday!
- Fill out a raffle ticket at our table for a chance to win a pack of 4 tickets to “Let It Snow” at Laguardia Performing Arts Center on December 9th!
- ALL DAY: Enter our Small Business Saturday Instagram contest for a chance to win a basket of local goods! Follow our IG handle @sunnysideshines, tag us in your holiday trolley adventures, and hashtag #SunnysidePassport and #SmallBusinessSaturday!
12 pm until they’re gone: While supplies last, come enjoy a free sample of Tibetan momos (dumplings) in your choice of three varieties from Tibetan Dumpling Café at 49-08 Queens Boulevard. They are one of our trolley stops, so hop aboard!
12 pm until they’re gone: While supplies last, come enjoy a free sample empanada from I Love Paraguay at 43-16 Greenpoint Avenue. Our trolley will take you there!
12 pm until they’re gone: While supplies last, pick up a free mini conditioner or shampoo from KMIA Salon at 45-14 Queens Boulevard. Our trolley will take you there!
2 pm: It’s a Wonderful Life! Come enjoy a theater performance of this classic holiday story with The Chain Theatre! The hour long presentation will be accompanied by free hot coffee from our local Starbucks.
2-5 pm: Bring your littles for some fun face-painting with Ana Maria at Green Valley Market at 44-07 Greenpoint Avenue!
3-4 pm: Visit Bing’s Hallmark at 45-15 Greenpoint Boulevard for a visit with their mascot, Chip the Chipmunk!
12-7 pm: Enjoy free gift wrapping for purchases made within the Sunnyside Shines Business Improvement District! Show your purchase receipt to have your items lovingly wrapped at the following businesses:
- Bings Hallmark, 45-15 Greenpoint Avenue
- Pearle Vision, 48-11 Queens Boulevard (2-5 pm only)
- Ultimate Hair Design, 45-03 40th Street (at Queens Boulevard South) (2-5 pm only)